Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Conducting ‘Research’ and ‘Getting it Published’
Saturday, March 3, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM (GMT)
Harlington, United Kingdom
This programme focuses on providing in-depth understanding on conducting quality research to getting the re-search work published. The programme reflects on enhancing potential research skills by offering individual researchers, academia research staff and practitioners essential practical guidance on how to develop the appro-priate skills necessary to advance research practices and meet the ever-changing demands of their organisation – today and tomorrow.
Learning Outcomes of the Programme
At the end of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Understand what is required to be an active research academic.
- Explore, evaluate, structure, and present the relevant literature (in the form of models/frameworks/taxonomies) in your research work.
- Understand and be able to answer the vital “What, Why, Where, Who and How? ” research questions.
- Identify the process for conducting quality research including from defining the research to carrying out empirical studies via research methodologies.
- Investigate the essential viewpoints required for developing research publication and writing strategies.
- Mini-lectures with PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive demonstrations
- Exercises and discussions on real paper
**** All Participants will receive a certified Certificate of Attendance****
Prof. Charles Dennis
- Charles Dennis is the Director of Research and Professor of Marketing and Retail at University of Lincoln, Lincoln, UK. His teaching and research area is (e-)retail and consumer behaviour —the vital final link of the Marketing process —to satisfy the end consumer. Charles is a Chartered Marketer and has been elected as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing for his work helping to modernise the teaching of the discipline. Charles was awarded the Vice Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence for improving the interactive student learning experience. Charles’s publications include Marketing the e-Business (1st and 2nd editions) (joint-authored with Dr Lisa Harris), the research-based e-Retailing (joint authored with Professor Bill Merrilees and Dr Tino Fenech), and the research monograph Objects of Desire: Consumer Behaviour in Shopping Centre Choice. His research into shopping styles has received extensive coverage in the popular media.
In Affiliation With
When & Where
ITDA - International Training and Development Academy
International Training andDevelopment Academy (ITDA) in UK is a Business & Educational Transformation Experts in a Learned Society with academics and professional experts who are committed to engaging with the major issues of our times.